Hipmy Virus Removal (Chrome, Firefox, IE)Removal on Monday, March 20th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove Hipmy ads? This page includes detailed ads by Hipmy Removal instructions!
Hipmy is a typical adware-type infection. It is just as troublesome as all other parasites of the kind. Thus, the Hipmy virus doesn’t have any original tricks in store for you. Despite being rather imitative, though, this program is dangerous. It has all the potential in the world to cause you some irreversible harm. The sooner you manage to get rid of this nuisance, the better. Do not test out the malicious potential of a parasite. Ignoring Hipmy ‘s presence would be a mistake you know it. As soon as the parasite lands on board, your browsers get modified. That means they receive a brand new extension added to them. Of course, your permission about it is not even remotely relevant. You can’t rely on crooks to take care of your online preferences, can you? Cyber criminals only have one reason to create adware-type programs. All these infections boost web traffic to some specific pages. That allows hackers to gain effortless profit. Do you know how the pay-per-click mechanism works? All that hackers have to do is inject your browsers with sponsored ads. You do the rest by clicking the commercials. As mentioned, Hipmy messes with your default browser settings. It adds a plugin and may install additional toolbars too. Long story short, your once peaceful browsing experience is turned into a cyber disaster. All websites you visit are covered in random, bizarre pop-up ads. Furthermore, these advertisements are sponsored. Clicking a sponsored ad could provide you quick access to malicious websites. Remember, the Web is filled with dangerous programs. And the deceptive Hipmy pop-ups expose you to threats. Stay away from the pop-ups up even if they appear to be legitimate. Some of these ads may turn out to be real. However, it is just a too great risk to take. There are some corrupted, fake commercials on your PC screen thanks to the adware. The question is, why would you click any of them? This is a computer infection we’re talking about. Its very last purpose was to help you surf the Web. The ads will not be beneficial for you. If anything, they will only be beneficial for the parasite’s developers. Hackers successfully gain profit out of bombarding you with misleading pop-ups. In addition, Hipmy redirects you to unknown pages. It even jeopardizes your privacy and spies on your private details. This pest of a program doesn’t give you a single reason to keep it on board. It does give you plenty of reasons to uninstall it right away.
How did I get infected with?
Parasites rarely ask for the victim’s permission. That is because viruses use secretive, stealthy tactics to get spread online. The most popular technique at the moment is called freeware/shareware bundling. Yes, it’s just as easy as it sounds. Every single time you download program bundles off of the Internet, pay attention. You may be able to spot a potential intruder before it lands on your PC. Note that all sorts of malware apply the same technique. It is definitely worth it to take your time in the installation process. Many people tend to skip steps and, ultimately, accidentally download malware. To prevent that, always opt for the Custom option instead of the Basic one. Keep an eye out for potential intruders unless you’re willing to install infections. Are you voluntarily trying to infect your machine? No? Then be cautious and attentive on the Web. Check out the EULA (End User License Agreement) of what you’re installing. The same piece of advice goes for the Terms and Conditions. Also, restrain yourself from opening questionable emails or messages. Those could be hiding a whole bunch of viruses so stay away from them. Between preventing infiltration and deleting a virus, choose the first option. You should always make sure your machine is safe.
Why is this dangerous?
The Hipmy virus stubbornly generates pop-ups. This pest floods your PC screen with unreliable, unwanted commercials. It is in your best interest to stay away from the advertisements as some of them could be very dangerous. Hackers aren’t trying to provide you the best deals. Hence, instead of trusting their commercials, you have to delete the adware. Its nasty plugin works with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Hipmy also causes your browsers to freeze and crash on occasions. Your PC speed will be slowed down as well and your Internet connection becomes unstable. Last but not least, the virus monitors your private data. To uninstall this nuisance for good, please follow our detailed manual removal guide. You will find it down below.
How to Remove Hipmy virus
The Hipmy infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Hipmy infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Hipmy infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Hipmy in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Hipmy startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Hipmy virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Hipmy traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Hipmy by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Hipmy
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Hipmy, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Hipmy argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Hipmy Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.