How to Remove Bitmotion-tab.com Redirect (Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge)Removal on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove Bitmotion-tab.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Bitmotion-tab.com Removal instructions!
So, you are reading this article because you have opened your web browser and discovered that the Bitmotion-tab.com website is your new homepage, aren’t you? Unfortunately, we must confirm your fears. Your computer is no longer infection-free. You have a browser hijacker on board. The Bitmotion-tab.com hijacker has only one true goal – to generate revenue for its owners. To do so, it will expose you to numerous advertisements. For every ad you click on, the people behind this furtive utility will be paid. This system is known as pay-per-click marketing. There is nothing bad in the system itself. In fact, all big search engines are using it. However, unlike them, the Bitmotion-tab.com hijacker exploits it on a level that can be classified as an intrusion into your privacy. To select ads that will appeal to you, the furtive app monitors all your online activities. Your favorite websites, search inquiries and even browsing history are no longer a mystery to the malicious utility. The Bitmotion-tab.com hijacker can even “see” your usernames and passwords. It will include this information in a data pack. It will also make the pack available for sale to third parties. Don’t let crooks make a mint out of your information The sooner you locate and delete the hijacker, the better. On the other hand, if you delay the removal, it will cost you.
How did I get infected with?
Browser hijackers require your approval to enter. In other words, they need your permission to operate. So, how did you agree to install such a dangerous application? Odds are, you don’t even remember doing so. The developers behind these infections have found a way to gain the user’s permission. But, don’t think that they will ask you openly. The Bitmotion-tab.com utility tricked you into giving your approval. It might have arrived in a bundle. When you are installing free programs, opt for advanced installation method. Only by using it, can you see and deny the installation of all additional programs that come along. Developers often attach extra programs to the installation files of many free programs. If you select the standard/fast installation, all these extras will be installed without further ado. Don’t make it easier for cyber threats to sneak into your computer. You should not rush through the installation process. Take your time and read the terms and conditions. This step is a bit time-consuming, but it pays off!
Why is this dangerous?
The Bitmotion-tab.com website is just the front of a dangerous browser hijacker. This malicious tool will corrupt all search results that you are seeing. Don’t forget that the Bitmotion-tab.com hijacker is an actual program. It is installed on your machine and can control what is being displayed on your screen. The malicious utility “injects” fake entries among the search results you are seeing. The hijacker won’t hesitate to cross any line. These fake results will redirect you to a whole variety of shady websites. Soon, your web browser will randomly open such sites by itself. Well, it is not your browser’s fault. The Bitmotion-tab.com utility forces those websites on you. To stop this, remove the infection. There is no other way. Ad-blocking apps are useless against the hijacker. Don’t click on any advertisements while this parasite remains active on your computer. Hackers often use such furtive utilities to spread malicious ads. If you have the misfortune to click on a corrupted advertisement, you can download a virus directly to your computer. Have you heard of drive-by downloads? Well, they are automatic and almost invisible. If such a download is executed, you may not even notice it. Therefore, avoid all ads. Use our guide to remove the Bitmotion-tab.com hijacker manually. If you are not confident in your computer skills, use a trustworthy anti-virus. Don’t waste time! Clean your computer now!
How to Remove Bitmotion-tab.com virus
The Bitmotion-tab.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Bitmotion-tab.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Bitmotion-tab.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Bitmotion-tab.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Bitmotion-tab.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Bitmotion-tab.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Bitmotion-tab.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Bitmotion-tab.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Bitmotion-tab.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Bitmotion-tab.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Bitmotion-tab.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Bitmotion-tab.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.