How to Remove Dominantentfen.ru VirusRemoval on Monday, January 9th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove Dominantentfen.ru ads? This page includes detailed ads by Dominantentfen.ru Removal instructions!
The Dominantentfen.ru pop-up ads will turn your browsing experience into a nightmare. No, this is is no overstatement. These irritating commercials now cover every single website you visit. They are obnoxious, unreliable and even harmful. Long story short, it’s time to take action. Keep in mind that hesitation cannot possibly solve your current cyber problem. You’ve fallen victim to an adware-type virus or a PUP (potentially unwanted program). Either way, it’s a sneaky parasite that is wreaking havoc behind your back. Adware and PUPs are secretive. That means these types of infections cannot cause you damage directly. They rely on lies and deceit instead. As soon as the virus lands on your PC system, trouble begins. The installation itself happens without any permission of yours. Unfortunately, adware/PUPs bring along tons of issues. You will notice a brand new extension added to your browsers. Again, your authorization was never required. Malware gets developed to serve hackers’ purposes so you can’t expect it to be beneficial for you. On the other hand, this program completely disrespects your opinions and preferences. The virus installs its plugin just to mess with your browsing experience. Thanks to its extension, thedominantentfen.ru pop-up ads are now part of your life. One important piece of information is that the virus has already gotten downloaded. Don’t mistake dominantentfen.ru website for a virus as this is just an advertising platform. Its presence is a sign that something malicious has been successfully installed, though. As you could imagine, the Web is full of similar advertising platforms. Dominantentfen.ru brings the pop-ups to you but it also spreads malware. That means you should stay away from all web links this domain brings along. Chances are, they are unsafe. Forget about all discounts, coupons, product deals and offers that are now on your PC screen. There is no telling which ad is harmless and which one isn’t. Don’t take any unnecessary risks and put your safety first. Remember that a cyber intruder stands behind all commercials you now come across. Hackers use the virus to generate web traffic and, eventually, gain profit. The thing is, though, you don’t have to participate. You don’t have to sponsor hackers by keeping their infection on board. Apart from sponsored ads, you might see fake software updates and other third-party pop-ups. To top it all, the parasite may pose a threat to your privacy as well.
How did I get infected with?
Not many people download infections voluntarily. That leads us to the aggravating conclusion the virus sneaked onto your PC in silence. Actually, most parasites rely on your distraction online. The most commonly used tactic is called freeware/shareware bundling. It is just as easy as it sounds. All you have to do is download a bunch of programs out of the Internet without paying attention. Voila. You might install all kinds of malware imaginable. In the future, stay away from illegitimate bundles, especially when they come for free. Opt for the Custom or Advanced option in the Setup Wizard. If you spot something unreliable in the software package, deselect it. Take your time in the process to make sure you’re aware what you download. More often than not, such unverified bundles are corrupted and very dangerous. Another piece of advice is to delete spam messages/spam email-attachments. Those could be posing a serious threat to your device. Last but not least, restrain yourself from clicking random pop-up ads as they may be leading you straight to malware. Your caution will pay off in the long run so be careful.
Why is this dangerous?
It goes without saying the adware/PUP must be removed. Not only does this nuisance generate ads but it also slows down the PC speed. Your browsers might start crashing and/or freezing as well. The parasite is compatible with some of the most popular browsers out there. That includes Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. You cannot even surf the Internet at peace anymore. The dominantentfen.ru pop-up ads will be waiting for you on a daily basis. As we mentioned, it’s key for your further safety to avoid these sponsored advertisements. You also get redirected to dominantentfen.ru and other unknown websites. That means you’re constantly one click away from downloading more infections. Just when you thought the list of malicious traits has ended, it continues. The adware/PUP collects browsing-related information too. Hackers get free access to browsing history, search queries, usernames and passwords, email addresses. They could sell your data to third parties with unclear intentions. To delete the virus manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Dominantentfen.ru virus
The Dominantentfen.ru infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Dominantentfen.ru infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Dominantentfen.ru infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Dominantentfen.ru in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Dominantentfen.ru startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Dominantentfen.ru virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Dominantentfen.ru traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Dominantentfen.ru by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Dominantentfen.ru
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Dominantentfen.ru, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Dominantentfen.ru argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Dominantentfen.ru Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.