Remove Election.interferencer.ru HijackerRemoval on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove Election.interferencer.ru hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Election.interferencer.ru Removal instructions!
Are you stuck with the Election.interferencer.ru virus? Then it is in your best interest to take action right away. Don’t be gullible to think this infection can’t cause you irreversible damage. Election.interferencer.ru actually jeopardizes both your safety and privacy. Classified as a browser hijacker, the virus takes over your browsing experience. Its various tricks simply should not be tolerated. Keep in mind that this program is incredibly dangerous and it only becomes more problematic as time passes. Are you trying to regain control over your hijacked browsers? Probably. Then check out this article and uninstall the parasite for good. The sooner, the better. This program modifies your default browser homepage and favorite search engine. Those get replaced with Election.interferencer.ru’s own questionable domain. Unfortunately, you’re now forced to deal with the virus every single time you surf the Web. That means browsing the Web is no longer safe. It’s certainly no longer fun because the hijacker only generates one category of web links. Sponsored web links. Apart from the obvious fact you’re unable to find what you search for, you’re no longer in charge of your browsers. Their settings get altered thanks to the virus. It goes without saying that Election.interferencer.ru isn’t going to seek your permission before it makes modifications. The parasite adds an extension or a plugin to all your browsers. By doing so, this pest makes sure you’ll be bombarded with sponsored web links. As you figured out already, that whole scheme revolves solely around hackers’ profit. The hijacker that’s currently harassing you was developed by crooks. It serves their malicious purposes and generates web traffic. That is why it messes with your default browser settings. In addition, your PC screen is now covered in pop-ups too. That includes discounts, coupons, product offers and deals, price comparisons, “best prices”. You name it, this program generates it. You won’t be able to get rid of irritating commercials in all shapes possible. Furthermore, these pop-up ads are just as unreliable as the search results provided by the hijacker. Basically, any web link you now come across is potentially corrupted so be careful. Don’t keep the virus on your computer system. Take measures instead.
How did I get infected with?
You never agreed to install the hijacker, did you? Cyber intruders don’t need your active co-operation and help to get downloaded. After all, infections are sneaky. They have plenty of lies to choose from in order to get spread online. The number one technique at the moment is called freeware bundling. It allows all sorts of parasites to travel the Web in complete and utter silence. How do you prevent malware infiltration, you may ask? You watch out for potential viruses. When installing freeware or shareware bundles, take your time. Skipping steps may seem like a good idea but it’s a terrible mistake. If hackers have attached an infection to the seemingly safe bundle, you’ll compromise your own device. What’s even more worrisome is that there might be a whole bunch of infections in the bundle. Make sure you don’t download any bonus programs. Some of the most vicious types of parasites (ransomware and Trojan horses) use the same tactic. Opt for the Advanced option in the Setup Wizard to keep an eye on all programs in there. Also, check out the EULA (End User License Agreement) or Terms and Conditions. You have to be aware what programs you agree to give green light to. Otherwise, you may accidentally install viruses and cause yourself a headache.
Why is this dangerous?
The hijacker ignores all your preferences and opinions on your own browsers. It successfully modifies Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Hence, you no longer have a trustworthy, secure browser to use. Election.interferencer.ru also makes it impossible to use your entire computer. Due to its malicious presence, your PC starts freezing and/or crashing and the device underperforms. The computer speed is slowed down and your Internet connection may become unstable. Election.interferencer.ru may inject your browsers with random, absolutely worthless pop-ups. It redirects you to unknown (and unsafe websites) and might generate fake program updates too. To top it all, this nuisance spies on your sensitive details. This pest steals browsing history, usernames and passwords, IP addresses. It has to be uninstalled ASAP. To do so manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Election.interferencer.ru virus
The Election.interferencer.ru infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Election.interferencer.ru infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Election.interferencer.ru infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Election.interferencer.ru related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Election.interferencer.ru startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Election.interferencer.ru virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Election.interferencer.ru traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Election.interferencer.ru by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Election.interferencer.ru
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Election.interferencer.ru, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Election.interferencer.ru argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Election.interferencer.ru Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.