How to Remove Http-Search.com Redirect (Removal Guide)Removal on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove Http-Search.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed Http-Search.com Removal instructions!
Http-Search.com is yet another website that is associated with a browser hijacker. This parasite will turn your browsing experience into a nightmare. Once it slithers its way in, it will wreck your PC. The Http-Search.com hijacker changed your homepage, however, it also changed your default search engine. Now, all search results you are seeing are corrupted. The malicious tool “injects” fake entries among them. These, most of the time, are ads. Yet, they are not marked as such. You will never be sure which search results are organic and which are paid to be there. Doing an objective research will become an impossible task. Don’t bother trying to use another web browser. This infection mainly targets Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Yet, no other browser is immune to this infection. If you have more than one browser installed on your machine, know that all of them are infected. To restore your system back to normal, track the hijacker down and delete it on the spot! Unfortunately, there is no other way. Don’t hesitate and take action now! The sooner, the better. This pest acts as an open door for many dangerous online threats. The longer it stays on board, the more dangerous it becomes. It is exposing you to corrupted ads. It is not a secret that hackers often use such utilities to distribute their malicious ads. If you have the misfortune to click on such an advertisement, you will be redirected to an infected website. There, a drive-by download will be executed. One click is all it takes for a dangerous virus to be distributed to your computer. The drive-by download doesn’t require the user’s interaction. The moment you open a corrupted website is the moment it executes. You may not even realize if such an event occurs. Don’t risk your computer’s health.
How did I get infected with?
How did the hijacker manage to sneak into your computer? Don’t baffle with this question. We have your answer. You installed it. No, we are not kidding you. You did it. To operate, these types of infections need the user’s approval. There is no other way. However, their developers have found a way to mislead the user into giving such permissions. They would add these malicious apps to the installation files of many free programs. They would also hide their presence under a custom/advanced installation. This type of installation will be presented as a complicated and time-consuming option, suitable for IT experts only. Yet, in reality, it is a simple step-by-step installation wizard. Just like the standard one. However, only by using the advanced method, can you see all extras that come along! We recommend deselecting all of them. Even if you think those tools are useful, don’t hesitate to deselect them. You can never be too sure. These third party applications are never disclosing their true capabilities. Besides, if you truly needed such programs, you would have downloaded them by yourself. Be vigilant! Read the terms and conditions/EULA. If you spot anything out of the ordinary, abort the installation immediately.
Why is this dangerous?
The Http-Search.com hijacker can never be beneficial to you. It is designed to be useful for its owners only. It will do anything to generate revenue for the people behind it. You must have noticed that all ads you’ve seen recently were related to your hobbies and needs. You are not imagining it! The Http-Search.com hijacker is spying on you. And it will not keep this information for itself. On the contrary, it will sell it for profit. Can you imagine that there are people willing to buy such information? Well, there are many interested buyers. They range from desperate marketing agents to dangerous hackers! Of course, hackers are interested in your data. After all, the Http-Search.com utility can steal your user names, passwords and email addresses. A capable hacker can use this information to steal real money. Therefore, it will be wise to refrain yourself from logging into banking services and social media while this parasite remains active on your computer. Don’t waste time and remove the Http-Search.com hijacker as soon as possible. This infection can be removed quite easily, yet, only if caught on time. Use our guide to help you with the manual removal. If you are not confident in your computer skills, use an automated solution.
How to Remove Http-Search.com virus
The Http-Search.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Http-Search.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Http-Search.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Http-Search.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Http-Search.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Http-Search.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Http-Search.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Http-Search.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Http-Search.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Http-Search.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Http-Search.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Http-Search.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.