Remove Jat01.goo-roulette.com HijackerRemoval on Tuesday, February 14th, 2017 in
Hijackers are among the most irritating programs you could come across. The Jat01.goo-roulette.com is a classic hijacker. What does that mean? It means you’re in for trouble. You’ve managed to download a sneaky and harmful cyber infection. Make sure you uninstall it as soon as possible. After all, that’s a virus we’re talking about. Hackers have created the hijacker solely to cause you damage. If this nuisance spends enough time on your machine, it will eventually get out of hand. Nobody should tolerate such a parasite so take action. The sooner, the better. Jat01.goo-roulette.com messes with your default browser settings. It adds an extension or a plugin to all your browsers. As a result, you cannot use any of them anymore. Hijackers modify the browsers of the target PC and inject them with links. Sponsored, potentially harmful web links. That is what you could expect out of a hijacker. Jat01.goo-roulette.com was never meant to enhance your online experience. Quite the opposite; this thing brings along threats and dangers. The parasite only generates unreliable web links. Therefore, stay away from all of them because they might be leading you straight to malware. Is that a risk you’re willing to take? Probably not. If you click the wrong link, you’ll automatically download more parasites on your PC. To prevent that, restrain yourself from clicking. Take no unnecessary chances with the virus. It is in your best interest to remove this pesky intruder ASAP. Jat01.goo-roulette.com could also generate sponsored commercials and other pop-ups. As you could imagine, those are just as unsafe as the search results. This program takes over your entire browsing experience. It replaces both your homepage and search engine with its own domain. You now have to deal with the hijacker every single time you attempt to find anything online. Wave your everyday browsing activities goodbye. Jat01.goo-roulette.com completely hijackers all your browsers. It also causes your browsers to freeze and/or crash on occasions. Your Internet connection is unstable as well. To top it all, the virus steals personal information such as usernames and passwords. Your browsing history is being spied on as we speak. Therefore, the parasite is able to result in some serious privacy issues. Do not allow it. Tackle the intruder now.
How did I get infected with?
No, you didn’t agree to install the hijacker. Crooks are perfectly aware that nobody would install malware voluntarily. That is why such infections rely on various tricks to get spread online. Number one technique involves freeware and shareware bundles. When installing bundles, always take your time. You may notice some highly unwanted potential “bonus” program. In this case, deselect the intruder. There might be all kinds of parasites attached to the seemingly safe freeware bundle. Pay attention to what you give green light to. Apart from hijackers, the Web is filled with ransomware infections and Trojan horses. Make sure you prevent virus infiltration. Having to remove a virus afterwards is indeed more troublesome. Save yourself the hassle and be careful. Opt for the custom/advanced option in the Setup Wizard. Also, check out the Terms and Conditions or EULA of the programs you install. This could easily prevent malware infiltration. Bundles could help some incredibly destructive parasites travel the Web. Unless you watch our for viruses, you will compromise your own machine. You have nobody to blame in that scenario. Hence, keep an eye out for malware instead of infecting your PC. In addition, stay away from spam messages and email-attachments. Those could be posing a threat to your safety too.
Why is this dangerous?
Your once trustworthy browsers are now modified. The parasite messes with their default settings and alters them. It needs neither your consent nor permission to do so. Jat01.goo-roulette.com also redirects you and generates fake pop-up ads. This nuisance gives you plenty of reasons to uninstall it on the spot. Why hesitate? Your situation will only become more and more problematic as time passes. Hijackers are definitely not a threat to overlook. Jat01.goo-roulette.com steals your browsing-related information as well. It could get you involved in a financial fraud or even identity theft. The question is, are you going to let hackers get to your sensitive details? Don’t be reckless. To delete the hijacker manually, please follow our detailed manual removal guide. You will find it down below.
How to Remove Jat01.goo-roulette.com virus
The Jat01.goo-roulette.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Jat01.goo-roulette.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Jat01.goo-roulette.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Jat01.goo-roulette.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Jat01.goo-roulette.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Jat01.goo-roulette.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Jat01.goo-roulette.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Jat01.goo-roulette.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Jat01.goo-roulette.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Jat01.goo-roulette.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Jat01.goo-roulette.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Jat01.goo-roulette.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.