How to Remove Kipuu.cn Virus (Chrome, Firefox)Removal on Monday, January 9th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove Kipuu.cn virus? This page includes detailed Kipuu.cn removal instructions!
As you could imagine, Kipuu.cn is not your reliable search engine. It’s a dangerous tool which allows cyber criminals to gain profit. Yes, the sole reason why Kipuu.cn was developed in the first place was to help crooks out. Classified as a browser hijacker, this program is harmful. It is annoying, obnoxious, it generates random web links and even jeopardizes your privacy. Long story short, the sooner you take action, the better. Hijackers get activated as soon as they get downloaded. The pesky Kipuu.cn Virus is no exception. The virus takes over all your browsers. It adds an extension to them behind your back. As you could imagine, parasites don’t usually take the victim’s opinions into consideration. Kipuu.cn is now on board to generate web traffic, not to help you surf the Internet. You’re very soon to be convinced exactly how devious and tricky the hijacker is. By adding a plugin to your browsers, this pest takes control over them. The parasite also makes random modifications concerning your homepage and default search engine. Both get replaced with the hijacker’s domain. However, it’s a malicious domain we’re talking about. Kipuu.cn may be promising to display accurate and safe results but you should know better than that. This hijacker only generates sponsored, tailored web links. Apart from the fact those might be corrupted, you’re also unable to find what you search for. Hackers are interested in generating web traffic to some particular websites. This way, they gain effortless revenue online. The problem is that crooks involve you in their pesky schemes. Ignoring the hijacker and keeping it on board makes you a sponsor or hackers. In addition, it leaves you one click away from malware on a daily basis. Instead of tolerating this pest of a program, uninstall it ASAP. If the infection spends enough time on your device, it will get out of hand eventually. To prevent it, you must tackle the intruder now. Kipuu.cn is also responsible for a couple of privacy issues. This virus spies on your personal, sensitive data. For instance, browsing history, usernames/passwords, IP addresses, email addresses, search queries. All your information ends up in the greedy hands of hackers. Before you know it, crooks could sell your data to third parties. The hijacker exposes you to financial scams and identity theft that way. To learn how you could uninstall it manually, please keep on reading.
How did I get infected with?
Let’s just say nobody installs hijackers on purpose. That means the irritating Kipuu.cn pest found a way to sneak in without your help. Such stealthy methods are nothing new in the world of malware. Furthermore, all types of parasites travel the Web using lies and deceit. For example, freeware and shareware bundles are a notoriously popular technique. Hackers often attach some malicious “bonus” program to said bundles. You do the rest by rushing through the process. To prevent virus infiltration, always take your time. Opt for the Custom/Advanced option in the Setup Wizard. That may not be a fun activity but it will help you protect your device. If you fail to spot the intruder beforehand, you will have to uninstall it later on. Trust us when we say, prevention is indeed the easier option. Check out the Terms and Conditions as well. Same thing goes for the End User License Agreement (EULA). You must be perfectly aware what you give green light to. Thus, don’t overlook any potential threat and don’t be negligent on the Web.
Why is this dangerous?
The parasite works just fine with the most popular browsers. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer are now modified and unsafe. For starters, Kipuu.cn’s extension constantly generates random web links. We’re talking pop-ups, product commercials, various ads in various shapes. Secondly, the hijacker generates some sponsored, unreliable search results. It boosts the web traffic to some pages which may or may not be harmless. Also, the hijacker slows your PC speed to a crawl and causes your browsers to freeze and/or crash. You get redirected, harassed by commercials and annoyed by unauthorized changes. The question is, are you going to ignore this nuisance and let it disturb you? Don’t make an already bad situation worse. To delete the parasite manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Kipuu.cn virus
The Kipuu.cn infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Kipuu.cn infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Kipuu.cn infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Kipuu.cn in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Kipuu.cn startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Kipuu.cn virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Kipuu.cn traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Kipuu.cn by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Kipuu.cn
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Kipuu.cn, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Kipuu.cn argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Kipuu.cn Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.