Remove Luckysite123.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, EdgeBrowser Hijackers, Removal on Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 in
Can’t Remove Luckysite123.com homepage? This page includes detailed Luckysite123.com Removal instructions (Chrome/Firefox/IE/Edge)!
So you’ve been unlucky enough to download Luckysite123.com. No wonder you’re reading removal guides. According to its official website, “luckysite123.com aims to provide the ultimate online search experience”. The problem is, none of that is true. You’ve fallen victim to the nth deceptive browser hijacker out there. It goes without saying you must take action. The luckysite123.com Virus has nothing but trouble to offer you so don’t hesitate. This nuisance takes over your entire browsing experience before you even know it. After all, that’s how malware works. Infections wreak havoc behind your back and mess with your default settings. Your browsers are now modified. The parasite adds an extension or plugin to all of them thus stopping you from surfing the Web. Furthermore, your browser homepage and search engine get changed as well. Both are replaced with luckysite123.com’s questionable domain. This way, the virus effectively hijacks your browsing activities. Keep in mind its search engine only generates sponsored web links. Could you possibly trust a sponsored link to be safe? No. Hackers display such dubious search results in order to gain profit. That means your security remains completely out of the picture. Some of the links brought to you by luckysite123.com are, without a doubt, corrupted. Some of them may turn out to be perfectly harmless. There is no telling which is which until you click. As you can see, though, clicking might help all sorts of parasites enter your device. Take no chances with the hijacker and stay away from its links. More often than not, they pose a threat to your safety. Luckysite123.com could also generate third-party pop-up ads and even fake software updates. To protect your PC, avoid anything generated by the virus. It is just not a risk worth taking. As it that wasn’t enough, luckysite123.com is famous for stealing personal data. Browsing history, search queries, usernames and passwords, IP addresses, email addresses, etc. You know exactly where your information gets sent, don’t you? Straight into the greedy hands of hackers. They have enough monetizing platforms to sell your data and gain revenue. That brings along the huge threat of financial scams and identity theft. Hesitate no more; luckysite123.com doesn’t belong on your PC system.
How did I get infected with?
There’s no download button on luckysite123.com’s website. Obviously, the parasite has applied some secretive technique to get installed. The most popular one involves freeware/shareware bundles. All kinds of malware travel the Web this way. It is both sneaky and effective so watch out in the future when installing software. Opt for the Custom or Advanced option in the Setup Wizard and deselect what you don’t trust. Pay attention. If you notice something suspicious-looking in the bundle, deselect it. Simple as that. As you know, deleting a virus AFTER it’s been installed is a much bigger hassle. Check out the EULA (End User License Agreement) or Terms and Conditions. This isn’t the most fun activity out there but it will protect your device. Remember, there is no such thing as being too cautious on the Web. Another piece of advice is to avoid illegitimate websites/bundles/torrents. Delete spam emails/messages as well. Some parasites get distributed online via bogus freeware updates or fake product commercials. Long story short, be careful when browsing the Internet. It is your responsibility and yours only to keep you PC infection-free.
Why is this dangerous?
Hijackers are quite irritating. The luckysite123.com pest is another example of that. As mentioned already, the virus alters your default, preferred browser settings. It’s compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. You now get redirected to random websites that may or may not be safe. You also witness various completely unauthorized changes in your browser settings. In addition, you’re being bombarded with sponsored and unreliable web links. Your PC screen is covered with pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, interstitials, video ads, etc. You see, the luckysite123.com hijacker doesn’t play around. It takes control over your browsing experience and also serves as a back door to more infections. Your browsers may be caused to freeze or crash. Even the Internet connection becomes unstable. Last but not least, luckysite123.com jeopardizes your privacy. To delete the hijacker manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Luckysite123.com virus
The Luckysite123.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Luckysite123.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Luckysite123.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Luckysite123.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Luckysite123.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Luckysite123.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Luckysite123.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Luckysite123.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Luckysite123.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Luckysite123.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Luckysite123.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Luckysite123.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.