How to Remove SearchesSpace.com Redirect (Removal Guide)Removal on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove SearchesSpace.com hijacker virus? This page includes detailed SearchesSpace.com Removal instructions!
SearchesSpace.com is a malicious website, you shouldn’t trust. It’s a clear indication there’s a cyber threat on your PC. If you see it pop up on your screen, all of a sudden, be wary. It’s a sign, there’s a browser hijacker, lurking somewhere in the corners of your system. Take the site’s display as the warning it is. It’s a harbinger of trouble. If you ignore it, you’ll regret it. Why? Well, following the appearance of the site, is an avalanche of problems. Your browsing experience turns into an utter mess. Every time you open a new tab, surf the web, or do anything, you get interrupted. The hijacker bombards you with pop-up ads and redirects you constantly. You better get used to the sight of SearchesSpace.com. It turns into an online shadow. It even replaces your default search engine and homepage. Did you ask for the switch? No. Did you approve it? No. And, yet, there it is. But do you know what? These are the minor grievances that come your way. Hijackers pose a severe threat to both your system, and yourself. Don’t underestimate them. And, most certainly, don’t ignore them. If you come across one, act! And, and act fast. The more you delay, the worse your predicament gets. So, do yourself a favor, and take the display of SearchesSpace.com as the sign it is. Find where the hijacker, using it as a front, lurks. Then delete it on discovery. The sooner, the better.
How did I get infected with?
The SearchesSpace.com page does not pop up without a hijacker, making it. So, how did the hijacker come to be on your PC? Do you remember installing it? You must have. These types of tools need user’s permission to enter. They have to ask you if you agree to their installment. Only after you give them the green light can they proceed. In other words, you may not remember it, but you okayed the hijacker’s admission. Don’t be too hard on yourself, though. Don’t think it popped up, and sought access. If it did, you can refuse it. And, it can’t have that. So, instead of outright asking approval, it does it covertly. The program seeks entry in the sneakiest way possible. It hides behind corrupted sites or links. It hitches a ride with spam email attachments or freeware. It can even pretend to be a fake system or program update. Whichever method it chooses, it needs one key ingredient. A common denominator, crucial for its sneaky invasion. Your carelessness. If you give into naivety and distraction, and rush, it’s that much easier for the threat to invade. Why would you make it easier for an infection to slither into your system? Infections prey on carelessness. So, don’t grant it. Instead, be extra thorough and vigilant. Always read the terms and conditions. Due diligence goes a long way. Remember that next time you’re installing tools or updates.
Why is this dangerous?
The hijacker, behind SearchesSpace.com, spies on you. That’s right. The application, using the page as a front spies on your every online move. It’s designed that way. The tool follows programming to track your activities. The end goal is to steal and expose as much data from you as possible. Let’s elaborate. As soon as the hijacker settles, it begins to follow its design. It keeps close track of your browsing. Every time you do anything online, the tool records it. After it determines it has collected enough information from your browsing, it sends it. To whom? Well, to the people behind it. Yes, the cyber threats hands over the data, it stole from you, to cyber criminals. Think about that. Strangers with malicious intentions get a hold of your private life. The hijacker gives them access to your personal and financial details. And, once they get a hold of it, they can use it as they see fit. Do you think that ends well for you? Don’t be naive. Don’t allow these people to get their hands on your private life. Do what you must, to keep your privacy private. As soon as you get redirected to SearchesSpace.com that first time, act! Accept, there’s a hijacker on your PC. Then, do your best to locate its hiding place. When you do, delete it! Don’t delay. It’s not a tool, you want on your computer. Hijackers are dangerous and harmful. Don’t stand by as the one, you’re stuck with, steals and exposes your private life. Get rid of it ASAP.
How to Remove SearchesSpace.com virus
The SearchesSpace.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the SearchesSpace.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the SearchesSpace.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down SearchesSpace.com related processes in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate SearchesSpace.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean SearchesSpace.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean SearchesSpace.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the SearchesSpace.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by SearchesSpace.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for SearchesSpace.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove SearchesSpace.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove SearchesSpace.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your whole system or network and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.