How to Remove Video Abductor Adware (Removal Guide)Removal on Friday, March 17th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove Video Abductor ads? This page includes detailed ads by Video Abductor Removal instructions!
Video Abductor is a deceptive adware-type parasite. It is anything but harmless so don’t take the threat lightly. Adware is considered to be among the least worrisome types of viruses out there. However, this is still a PC infection. Video Abductor was created by hackers to serve their malicious purposes. Needless to say, it succeeds. The parasite gets activated immediately after installation. It firstly goes after your browsers and modifies them. As you could imagine, your permission is in no way involved. Cyber viruses don’t tend to take the victim’s opinions into consideration. Therefore, you’re stuck with a pest that messes with your entire online experience. The Video Abductor program is supposed to be beneficial for you. However, you simply can’t expect honesty out of hackers. This parasite wasn’t developed to help you browse the Internet. On the other hand, its goal is to cause you damage. Once the adware alters your browsing settings, it injects them with ads. You’re about to witness quite an impressive amount of commercials. We’re talking discounts, coupons, product deals, product offers, deals, price comparisons, best prices. Stay away from anything generated by the parasite. After all, this is an infection. If it displays pop-ups, that is only because hackers gain money that way. The Video Abductor ads are sponsored which means they are unreliable. A sponsored web link could be leading you directly to dangerous websites. Thus, you’re able to download more infections before you even know it. Remember that you now have an adware-type virus on board. The Web is full of some much more harmful, aggressive and catastrophic kinds of malware. For instance, Trojan horses and ransomware. Those of you who have had to deal with such destructive parasites know just how bad they are. To prevent further damage, stay away from the Video Abductor pop-ups. Those have absolutely nothing to offer you. Your browsers generate ads on a daily basis thanks to the virus. They might also start crashing/freezing on occasions. Your computer speed is significantly slowed down too. And no, that is not all. Due to the presence of this pest, your private details get monitored as well. That means hackers now have free access to your IP addresses, usernames, passwords, email addresses, search queries. Even your browsing history is being spied on. All these tricks are happening as we speak so don’t waste time. The sooner you manage to get rid of the parasite, the better.
How did I get infected with?
The easiest way online to infect your PC is by installing bundled software. There’s a pretty big possibility that Video Abductor applied the same technique. In the future, keep an eye out for unwanted bonuses in the bundles you install. However, to be able to spot and deselect a virus, you have to pay attention first. Opting for the Custom or Advanced option could protect your computer from infections. As you can clearly see, it is worth it to be cautious. Having to uninstall malware is a lot greater hassle than preventing installation. Therefore, make sure you never skip important steps in the process. You might be also skipping precious opportunities to prevent malware installation. Check out the Terms and Conditions or EULA (End User License Agreement) too. Instead of underestimating infections, put your safety first. You should also stay away from illegitimate websites and the unverified freeware/shareware bundles they offer. Don’t take any unwarranted chances when it comes to your security. Also, avoid clicking random third-party pop-pups and installing questionable program updates. Clicking spam messages or email-attachments open it yet another popular trick viruses use.
Why is this dangerous?
You don’t have a single reason to keep Video Abductor on your computer system. This program takes over all three of your favorite browsers. It adds a plugin or an extension to Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. As a result, you shouldn’t trust any web link generated by them. Your once reliable browsers now boost the web traffic to some specific pages. You get redirected all the time, your PC underperforms and you can’t get rid of ads. Do not test out the parasite’s malicious potential. Video Abductor has plenty of it. Regain control over your destroyed online experience instead. This program might even bring along some privacy issues such as financial scams or identity theft. To delete the virus manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove Video Abductor virus
The Video Abductor infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Video Abductor infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Video Abductor infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Video Abductor in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Video Abductor startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Video Abductor virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Video Abductor traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Video Abductor by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Video Abductor
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Video Abductor, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Video Abductor argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Video Abductor Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.