How to Remove S34me.com Redirect (Removal Guide)Removal on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 in
Can’t Remove S34me.com redirect? This page includes detailed S34me.com Removal instructions!
If you come across the S34me.com pop-ups, you’re in trouble. The only explanation for these pesky commercials is a cyber intruder. In other words, you have an adware infection on your computer. The sooner you take action, the better. Even the most harmless-looking adware virus could cause irreversible harm. Make sure you uninstall this nuisance on the spot instead of letting it wreak havoc. Adware is relatively easy to tackle. However, that is if you act quickly. This program becomes more and more problematic and dangerous as time passes. As you could imagine, procrastinating will not solve your problem. The parasite gets activated immediately after installation. Once it manages to slither itself onto your PC, this pest modifies your browsers. It injects them all with the infamous S34me.com pop-ups. Those have already caught your attention, haven’t they? The pop-ups generated by adware-type programs aren’t subtle. Actually, the ads create quite a mess on your PC screen. Thanks to the parasite, you will have to deal with irritating commercials on every single website you visit. We’re talking pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, interstitials, video ads, etc. Get prepared to be seeing random advertisements in all shapes imaginable. Adware effectively bombards you with useless pop-ups on a daily basis. As a result, you won’t be able to search the Web at peace. You will inevitably have to waste your time avoiding the S34me.com pop-ups. Those are obnoxious, invasive and impressively stubborn. Long story short, the ads destroy your online activities. Furthermore, you have to stay away from the pop-ups as they are sponsored and unsafe. You could be absolutely positive that some of the commercials lead you directly to malware. The question is, are you going to risk it? Are you going to click the devious S34me.com ads and, potentially, install more infections? Adware generates web traffic to some particular pages. By doing so, it helps cyber criminals gain profit. It is just that simple. Not only does keeping the virus on board demolish your browsing experience but it also jeopardizes your safety. In addition, it jeopardizes your privacy too. The virus could monitor some browsing-related data such as usernames, passwords, email address. Your browsing history and IP addresses are being spied on as well. It goes without saying how dangerous in terms of your privacy that is. To prevent serious damage, delete the parasite ASAP.
How did I get infected with?
The most plausible scenario doesn’t even include your permission. After all, this is a harmful PC infection. Not many people would voluntarily download such an aggressive and worrisome pest. Hackers are perfectly aware of that. They prefer to use stealthy techniques to spread infections online. As you can see for yourself, their tactics are very successful. One popular method is called freeware/shareware bundling. Its popularity is well-deserved. All that it takes to infect your PC is a single moment of distraction. When installing bundled programs, watch out for intruders. Avoid illegitimate websites and never rush the process. Skipping installation steps is what hackers are taking advantage of. If there is a “bonus” infection attached to the bundle, skipping steps allows it to get installed. You have to spot the potential intruder and deselect it on time. Otherwise, you may compromise your own machine. Opt for the Advanced option in the Setup Wizard and make a thorough check of the programs. Don’t skip important steps. Also, it’s strongly recommended that you read the Terms and Conditions or EULA. Clicking the “I accept” button provides you no information whatsoever about what you end up accepting.
Why is this dangerous?
S34me.com brings along the pop-ups. This advertising platform indicates the presence of a virus. However, as you know already, the virus is hiding somewhere on board. It is messing with your default browser settings in silence. Hence, you have to locate and remove the infection before it gets out of hand. The S34me.com website is just part of the scheme. Note that all its pop-ups are questionable. They are sponsored and could turn out to be extremely dangerous. Unfortunately, the Web is currently infested with domains such as S34me.com. You’re being redirected to S34me.com to help crooks gain revenue through the pay-per-click mechanism. As mentioned, the adware adds a plugin to your once trusty browsers. It takes control over your entire online experience. To delete it manually, please follow our detailed removal guide down below.
How to Remove S34me.com virus
The S34me.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the S34me.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the S34me.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down S34me.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate S34me.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean S34me.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean S34me.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the S34me.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by S34me.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for S34me.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove S34me.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove S34me.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.