How to Remove Search.facty.com Redirect (Removal Guide)Removal on Friday, March 17th, 2017 in
Search.facty.com is an irritating browser hijacker. It has a rich variety of tricks and lies in store for you. Thus, you will do yourself a favor by removing the virus ASAP. Don’t test out this program’s malicious potential. Hijackers have plenty of it. instead of hesitating, make sure you tackle Search.facty.com immediately. The more time a virus spends on your machine, the more problematic things become. You see, this program takes over all your browsers. They don’t call it a browser hijacker for no reason. As soon as your machine gets infected, Search.facty.com adds a browser extension. This plugin is neither useful nor safe. It injects your once trustworthy browsers with some very specific, tailored web links. In addition, the hijacker alters your default search engine and homepage. Both get replaced with the parasite’s domain. Bear in mind that this is one questionable domain. It was not developed to enhance your online experience. Quite the opposite, actually. The only goal this program has is to help hackers gain profit. As mentioned, this pest modifies all your browsers. By doing so, it brings along a huge pile of sponsored web links. Crooks use the pay-per-click mechanism to make money online. The problem is that you’re the one who ends up in trouble. Stay away from the web links generated by this parasite. A sponsored link could be leading you straight to malware. Unless you want to download more infections, avoid these web links. Avoid anything else the hijacker could throw your way. That includes pop-up ads, commercials, product deals, even software updates. This nuisance constantly exposes you to third-party web links. As mentioned, some of them are extremely dangerous. There are also some harmless links on your PC screen. However, there is absolutely no telling which is which. The only way to find out is by clicking the links open. If you do click the wrong one, though, you end up installing more parasites. Are you willing to jeopardize your safety and privacy? The Web is filled with malware and Search.facty.com bombards you with unreliable web links. It also presents them as accurate search results. This program does have a legitimate-looking official website. Search.facty.com provides you quick access to YouTube, Yahoo, Twitter, Instagram, Amazon, etc. Unfortunately, this is yet another trick hackers use to draw your attention. Keeping this infection on board would be a terrible mistake so don’t procrastinate. The parasite doesn’t belong on your computer system.
How did I get infected with?
Hackers have a couple of especially popular methods to distribute infections. Number one tactic is called freeware bundling. Infecting your computer has never been easier. All that is needed is for hackers to attach a virus to some freeware or shareware bundle. If you rush the installation, you do the rest. Most PC users prefer to skip steps and this is how they download malware. In order not to be one of them, stay away from unverified bundles. A rule of thumb is to always opt for the Custom or Advanced option in the Setup Wizard. This way, you will remain in control of the installation process. Don’t be gullible to think parasites can’t get to you. They can and, if given the opportunity, they will. Check out all programs you’re about to give green light to one by one. If you spot some pesky intruder attached to the bundle as a bonus, deselect it. To be able to spot it, you have to be paying attention first. Only download programs that you trust and avoid illegitimate websites. Also, restrain yourself from clicking third-party pop-ups or installing random torrents. Those could be malware infiltration techniques as well.
Why is this dangerous?
The parasite sneakily modifies your browsers. It takes down Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Eventually, you can’t surf the Web at peace anymore. Apart from that, you’re left unable you find what you search for online. Search.facty.com brings along its sponsored, unreliable web links. None of them could be trusted because, after all, this is a virus. Its very last concern are your preferences and opinions. The hijacker stubbornly redirects you. It boosts web traffic to some pages that may or may not be safe. Instead of risking your safety, stay away from its search results. Last but not least, hijackers spy on your browsing-related data. The parasite will not be beneficial for you in any way. To delete it manually, please follow our detailed removal guide. You will find it down below.
How to Remove Search.facty.com virus
The Search.facty.com infection is specifically designed to make money to its creators one way or another. The specialists from various antivirus companies like Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, ESET, etc. advise that there is no harmless virus.
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the Search.facty.com infection. Please, follow the procedures in the exact order. Please, consider to print this guide or have another computer at your disposal. You will NOT need any USB sticks or CDs.
Please, keep in mind that SpyHunter’s scanner tool is free. To remove the Search.facty.com infection, you need to purchase its full version.
STEP 1: Track down Search.facty.com in the computer memory
- Open your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys simultaneously
- Carefully review all processes and stop the suspicious ones.
- Write down the file location for later reference.
Step 2: Locate Search.facty.com startup location
Reveal Hidden Files
- Open any folder
- Click on “Organize” button
- Choose “Folder and Search Options”
- Select the “View” tab
- Select “Show hidden files and folders” option
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” button
Clean Search.facty.com virus from the windows registry
- Once the operating system loads press simultaneously the Windows Logo Button and the R key.
- A dialog box should open. Type “Regedit”
- WARNING! be very careful when editing the Microsoft Windows Registry as this may render the system broken.
Depending on your OS (x86 or x64) navigate to:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or
- and delete the display Name: [RANDOM]
- Then open your explorer and navigate to: %appdata% folder and delete the malicious executable.
Clean your HOSTS file to avoid unwanted browser redirection
Navigate to %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/host
If you are hacked, there will be foreign IPs addresses connected to you at the bottom. Take a look below:
STEP 3 : Clean Search.facty.com traces from Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer
Open Google Chrome
- In the Main Menu, select Tools then Extensions
- Remove the Search.facty.com by clicking on the little recycle bin
- Reset Google Chrome by Deleting the current user to make sure nothing is left behind
Open Mozilla Firefox
- Press simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+A
- Disable the unwanted Extension
- Go to Help
- Then Troubleshoot information
- Click on Reset Firefox
Open Internet Explorer
- On the Upper Right Corner Click on the Gear Icon
- Click on Internet options
- go to Toolbars and Extensions and disable the unknown extensions
- Select the Advanced tab and click on Reset
- Restart Internet Explorer
Step 4: Undo the damage done by Search.facty.com
This particular Virus may alter your DNS settings.
Attention! this can break your internet connection. Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS for Search.facty.com, be sure to write down the current server addresses on a piece of paper.
To fix the damage done by the virus you need to do the following.
- Click the Windows Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results displayed above.
- go to Network and Internet
- then Network and Sharing Center
- then Change Adapter Settings
- Right-click on your active internet connection and click properties. Under the Networking tab, find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Left click on it and then click on properties. Both options should be automatic! By default it should be set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and the second one to “Obtain DNS server address automatically!” If they are not just change them, however if you are part of a domain network you should contact your Domain Administrator to set these settings, otherwise the internet connection will break!!!
You must clean all your browser shortcuts as well. To do that you need to
- Right click on the shortcut of your favorite browser and then select properties.
- in the target field remove Search.facty.com argument and then apply the changes.
- Repeat that with the shortcuts of your other browsers.
- Check your scheduled tasks to make sure the virus will not download itself again.
How to Permanently Remove Search.facty.com Virus (automatic) Removal Guide
Please, have in mind that once you are infected with a single virus, it compromises your system and let all doors wide open for many other infections. To make sure manual removal is successful, we recommend to use a free scanner of any professional antimalware program to identify possible registry leftovers or temporary files.